The Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) program offers complete health assessments by medical providers for the early detection and prevention of disease and disabilities in California’s children and youth.
The CHDP program provides regular health assessments including:
- Health and development history
- Physical examination
- Lead testing
- Vision testing
- Laboratory tests
- Hearing testing
- Dental referrals
- Nutritional assessment
- Health education information
- Services also include well baby, child and teen check-ups and care, school entry exams, and sports and camp physicals.
If medical problems are identified during the child's check-up, they will be referred for additional medical services.
CHDP Eligibility Criteria:
- Children with Medi-Cal from birth to age 21
- Low income children from birth to age 19
- Children in Foster Care
- Children in Head Start and State Pre-School Programs
For more information contact the local CHDP Deputy Director at 530-993-6700.