Filing Requirements for New Registrants
1. Complete the appropriate certificate of registration form (Business and Professions Code 22350 and 22351)
2. At the time of filing the initial certificate of registration, the registrant shall also submit a completed request for live scan form confirming fingerprint submission to the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (Business and Professions Code 22351.5).
3. Filing Fee: Fees can be found on the Process Server application (Business and Professions Code 22352).
4. Bond in the amount of $2,000 (Business and Professions Code 22353).
5. Recording Fee for the bond: $14 for the first page of the bond and $3 for each additional page.
6. Identification card - One will be issued; however, there is an $10.00 fee for each additional card requested.
7. First time registrants are issued a temporary identification card. This will be replaced once we have received the criminal history information back from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
8. All registrations expire two years from filing date.
Filing Requirements for Existing Registrants
1. Complete the steps as outlined for new registrant.
2. If the registration has expired, then the registrant must complete a request for live scan form.
Note to Current Registrants
The registration number issued will remain in effect as long as there is no lapse in registration. If the registration has expired, a new registration number must be issued.