Due to the specialized training and therefore the specific assigning of the required personnel to perform the duties, the following functions of the Sheriff's Office are generally done by advance appointment in the Downieville office. On rare occasions, it may be possible to call ahead to inquire if immediately available. In all cases however, it is recommended to call ahead of time, prior to coming in, for the functions listed below. Appointments must be scheduled in advance with Sergeant Michelle Anderson, Corrections-Communications / Administration Operations Supervisor. Sergeant Anderson can be reached directly at 530-289-2880 or you may call for general information to dispatch at 530-289-3700. Thank you for your understanding and assistance.
- Live Scan fingerprinting services
- Civil Papers Service Letter of Instruction / Standard Fees / Chapter 17 Fees
- Requests for copies of Sheriff-Coroner’s Office reports are $35.00 per report, plus an additional $.25 for each page after 20. Request Process Request Form
- Processing of all Sheriff’s Office issued permits: Carrying of Concealed Weapons; Explosives Permit; Christmas Tree Transportation; Dance Events; Alcohol Beverage Control Events; Peddler’s License; etc.
- Criminal Offender Personal Registrations: Sex Offender; Arsonists and Drug Offender; Including Required Submissions of D.N.A.; etc.
Online Permits and Licenses
- CCW (Concealed Carry Weapon)