Transfer Station Gate Access & Hauler Information

Residential Property owners of Sierra County are charged solid waste fees on their annual property tax bill. This means that only those that own property in Sierra County are provided access to dump waste at the County Transfer Stations. If you are not a property owner in Sierra County, but are conducting business that involves the need for you to haul waste generated from a parcel of land within Sierra County to the transfer stations, then you must either become a Licensed Hauler to provide solid waste hauling services for Sierra County residents, or acquire a Solid Waste Hauling License Exemption by registering with the Solid Waste Fee Administrator. 

To become a Licensed Hauler in Sierra County, you must submit an application with a $225 application fee. The application will be forwarded to the Board of Supervisors for approval in a public hearing.

If you own property and/or a business in Sierra County and need to authorize a person(s) or hired a contractor(s) to access the transfer stations on your behalf, please have them complete the Registration for Solid Waste Hauling Exemption Form. This is free and registration must be done annually. Exemptions are valid from January 1 to December 31 of the year in which registration is submitted.